Could your smile benefit from the addition of veneers? The thin porcelain shells offer the perfect way to conceal small flaws that affect your teeth. Houston, TX, dentists Dr. Tiberiu Oancea and Dr. Jeromy Thornton of Today's Dental offer veneers to help you get a dazzling smile.
Are veneers a good choice for me?
Veneers are cemented to the fronts of your teeth only and cover minor imperfections and damage. You may want to consider them if:
- One of your teeth has become discolored: Discolorations can occur due to large fillings, leaky fillings, tetracycline use, and other issues. Your new veneers will match the shade of your teeth, helping your smile to look more uniform.
- Your teeth aren't white enough: Sometimes, teeth whitening just doesn't get your teeth white enough. If you want a brighter smile, you may want to consider adding veneers to your teeth. The restorations are stain-resistant and won't discolor even if you drink coffee or tea regularly. You can choose any shade of white you prefer if you plan to whiten your teeth with veneers. The shade of dental cement used can also help your teeth look whiter.
- You have minor damage: Small chips and shallow cracks may not harm your teeth, but they can certainly affect the appearance of your smile. Veneers keep the damage concealed.
- You don't like the appearance of a tooth: Whether your tooth is bumpy, pointed, crooked, or oddly shaped, adding a veneer can completely transform your smile.
- Your tooth is too short: It's not unusual for one tooth to be just a little shorter than surrounding teeth. Veneers extend the length of short teeth without extensive dental work.
- You have a gap between your teeth: Even tiny gaps between teeth can make you feel reluctant to show your smile. Once your veneers are cemented to your teeth, your gaps will disappear.
- You don't want to alter the structure of your tooth: Unlike crowns, the veneer process doesn't require significant changes to the size of teeth. In fact, your Houston dentist will only need to remove a very small amount of tooth enamel before you receive your veneers. Removing the enamel ensures that the restorations look natural and feel comfortable.
Are you ready to enhance your smile with veneers? Call Houston, TX, dentists Dr. Tiberiu Oancea and Dr. Jeromy Thornton of Today's Dental at (281) 580-0770 to schedule an appointment.